Monday 15 September 2014

Introduction to Media - 'Preliminary Task'

Welcome to my exciting new media blog which will cover my events during my A-level in Media Studies.

My first task which we will compare when I finish the course is the Prelim task, where me and my partner Georgia, have to create a film of a character opening a door (following the match on action camera shot) and then crossing the room, sitting down in a chair opposite the original character. Then finally some dialogue with shot-reverse-shot incorporated in it. Whilst following the 180 - degree rule, a very simple rule which has been media law for ages, not following it will result in a ridiculously bad video, with both characters facing the same way so they are not talking to each other..

Here was the video brief : 

Preliminary exercise: Continuity task involving filming and editing a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a couple of lines of dialogue. This task should demonstrate match on action, shot/reverse shot and the 180-degree rule.  

All video and audio material must be original, produced by the candidate(s), with the exception of music or audio effects from a copyright-free sources.

See you soon with a preview of our video (This is my first media film i have ever made)
Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment